Chandeliers > More Crystal Chandeliers
& Classic Chandeliers
How to choose a right size crystal chandelier?
1) Entrance area: the width of the crystal chandelier is better to be 30% - 40%
of the width of the entrance area; Length of the crystal chandelier depends on
the ceiling height, for a 20 feet high ceiling, the crystal chandelier length
usually varies from 3 feet to 8 feet.
2) Living room, family room: the width of the crystal chandelier is preferably
20% - 30% of the room width.
3) Dinning room: for a six chair dinning table, pick a 1.5-2 feet wide crystal
chandelier; for an eight chair dinning table, pick a 2-2.5 feet wide crystal
chandelier; for a 10-12 chair dinning table, pick a 2.5-3.5 feet wide crystal
- If the room is smaller than 10' by 10', a
17" to 20" diameter crystal chandelier would be the right size.
- If the room is about 12' x 12', a 26" or
27" crystal chandelier would look right.
- If the room is about 14' x 14', choose a
24" to 36" crystal chandelier.
- A crystal chandelier should hang about
30" from the surface of the table to insure no bumped heads and good
- A crystal chandelier should be about 12"
narrower than the width of the table over which it hangs.
- Total wattage of all bulbs should be 200 - 400 to provide sufficient light.